Monday, March 17, 2008

Week 7: Tagging, folksonomies, del.icio.us and LibraryThing

I've set up my del.icio.us account and here's the link.
http://del.icio.us/workinitout

I think this tool will be useful in libraries :
It allows information to be organised.
It will help students find information.
It increases the amount of information available to you.

Also good for researchers :
It allows them to connect with and share knowledge.

I love Library Thing. As they say it's the worlds largest book club. I would also use it as another useful tool to help customers find more books on the genre they are interested in.
Al

1 comment:

Jalen said...

I work with people with special needs. And so the link you've mentioned here is going to be very useful to me. Unfortunately, my office pc has no access to YouTubes and the likes. So I have to watch this at home.